Digital Marketing and Content Development
Small or large, businesses that are not using digital marketing need to understand the importance of it. In today’s world, digital marketing helps your business thrive in a competitive landscape and lets you reach the audience and customers you need to reach.
However, for many, digital marketing may seem confusing or intimidating, especially when it comes to using the right tactics. There are many options but asking yourself these basic questions might help clarify strategies for digital reach:
- How can you be sure of what methods to apply so that you reach your targets?
- What digital marketing tactics will help you get the most exposure?
- How do you achieve your marketing goals without wasting valuable time and money?
- Where should you start to ensure you’re reaching the right audience?
- What should I say and how should I say it?
You need to have some clarity before you jump into the digital marketing arena. The good thing is, gaining the right level of clarity is not rocket science. The proof lies in the fact that a large percentage of businesses and entrepreneurs are experimenting with digital marketing tactics and with great success. The choices are many and can include social media, website marketing, SEO, paid search (AdWords), content marketing, e-mail marketing and editorial/online PR. You’ll need to establish what your budget and resource limitations are though before implementing any of these.
According to a research, both small and large business owners are using social media content in order to generating more sales. And 3/4 of respondents said Facebook is an integral part of their social media marketing strategy. That doesn’t mean that Facebook is the right social platform for every business though. Focus on the platforms where your customers spend their time. Knowing and understanding your audience and their behaviors is critical to implementing a digital strategy that will ensure success. It will also help you zone in on the development of your message and the type of content that will engage your target audience, regardless of your digital strategy.
Here are some basic tactics that will help you develop and implement a content strategy that will ensure that you effectively communicate your message and reach your digital marketing goals.
Create Shareable Content
Producing the right kind of content is an important part of effective digital marketing regardless of the strategy you choose to implement. Your content can make or your break your digital marketing strategy.
Low quality content that is not relevant can hurt your brand and turn off your audience. And on the other hand, high quality content can help you build a strong relationship with your target audience, improve your brand image and boost your business revenue.
However, even good content will fail to give results if it isn’t seen and shared by the right people. The idea is to create content that:
- Helps your business reach its marketing goals and grow reach
- Provides value; helps your audience find answers and encourages them to share it
So how do you find this middle ground and create content that is highly relevant? How do you get more of your audience to share your content?
- Aim at producing content that brings out an emotional reaction from your audience; many times, people share content for emotional reasons.
- Keep an eye on your competition; what are they creating that is resulting in shares and engagement.
- Make your content super-useful and practical so that it offers real value to your prospects/customers; people like sharing content that can help others.
- Create content that tells a story so that it’s more engaging and relatable to your audience’s current situation.
Every single step that you take towards making your content valuable for your audience or customers, takes you one step closer to making it more shareable.